Beatrice Loving Heart provides Coordination of Community Services for children and adults with developmental disabilities and their families. For many years, we have ensured a coordinated service delivery system so that people with developmental/intellectual disabilities receive appropriate services oriented toward the goal of integration into the community. We strongly believe that individuals with developmental/intellectual disabilities have the right to direct their lives and services, accordingly we partnered with them to provide support and resources to live fulfilling lives.
Through this program, we have been able to:
Support families in locating and arranging diagnostic evaluations, treatment, day programs, residential support and individuals/family support services.
Assist the individual in identifying, locating and services, which may include generic programs, natural supports, other state programs and services funded by Developmental Disabilities Administration (DDA).
Provide for individuals in service, assistance in implementing individual choice while addressing individual satisfaction and assuring that the individual’s needs and preferences are addressed through the Individual Plan process.
Through our experiences and resources, we have been able to provide the following to the individuals we serve:
- Job banks – matching job offers with participant skills.
- Customized employment strategies – address barriers through attainable employment objectives.
- Job planning workshops – provides resume development, interviewing skills, and job searches.
- Computer Resources with typing tutorials, résumé writing software, internet access, and online employment resources.
- Comprehensive vocational assessments
- Direct contacts with employers and a network of employment resources.
- Employment retention and job advancement services, including incentive programs and hard skills training.
- Rapid re-employment, where applicable, to ensure job seekers remain engaged in work.
- Money management training.